As a parent, bringing around a little baby can be quite a challenge. These cute little human beings can really exhaust a grown up in an hour and moms and dads can easily get overwhelmed tending to a baby while trying to do errands or accomplish chores inside the house.
When carrying around a baby, safe is of the utmost importance. Car seats are essential when transporting a baby in a car as the seat belts are too big and can actually pose a risk to use for little children with the long shoulder strap choking the neck area. Strollers are a common thing to use when bringing around newborns but these big and bulky carts are sometimes inconvenient to carry around especially in narrow ways or crowded areas.
Many parents these days are making use of baby wraps or baby carriers which provide a much more convenient way of carrying around one’s baby. Baby wraps are basically long pieces of fabric that wrap around an adult with a pouch space. This acts very much like the pouch of a kangaroo.
Baby carriers feature straps that can be secured together and have a more defined pouch for the baby to fit in. Using a baby carrier is great because the parent’s hands are free to do whatever be it chores or going out running errands. When choosing a baby carrier, it is important to consider the following to find the best one to buy.
- Type of carrier – Types of baby carriers include slide, wrap, and front carrier. Different types can have different feels and it will come down to which works for you.
- Carrier versatility – You will want to think about how versatile the carrier is going to be. Think about how the viability of still using it as the baby grows up.
- Parent comfort – Carrying a baby can get tiring over time. You will want to choose a baby carrier that has padded straps and strong fabric that won’t strain your shoulders.
- Baby comfort – It is also important to think about how comfortable your baby is going to be in the carrier or else the baby will just keep squirming around.
- Sturdiness – You want to make sure that the carrier you are using is sturdy and uses tight straps and strong buckles to keep your baby safe and secure.
- Usage ease – You don’t want to spend a lot of time fiddling with the baby carrier trying to get it one. Get one that is easy to use and can quickly be done and undone.
- Nursing ease – The baby carrier that you choose should be nursing friendly for times when you are going to nurse your baby making things much easier.
- Weather appropriate – Take note of the fabric of your baby carrier. Light fabrics are good for summer months while thicker ones will help keep warm in colder days.
- Easy cleaning – A baby can get quite messy so you will want to choose a baby carrier that isn’t complicated to wash.