When it comes to the field of dentistry, then there are many different dental specialties that you can find as a career path. You can become a primary dentist and leave it at that. You can also become a primary dentist and then specialize in other forms of dentistry that will leave you with a more specialized office (with the ability to still perform regular checkups and dental care). When it comes to deciding what you want to specialize in, then you will likely realize what you like best during dental school. Listed here are some of the many dental specialties that you can choose, including dental surgery:
- Dental public health. One type of specialty that you can expect to find within the dental field is dental public health. This is a type of dentistry that will study and work with epidemiology and social health policies.
- Endodontics. These are dental specialties that will work with any and all issues with the root and pulp. This can include such problems as needing root canals and the study of any and all diseases that are related to the dental pulp.
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology. This is a dental specialty that will work with the diagnosis and study of any types of diseases that occur within the oral and maxillofacial diseases.
- Oral and maxillofacial radiology. This specialty works with the radiologic study of any types of oral and maxillofacial diseases.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery. This is a dental speciality that will work with any and all oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, including extractions, implants and facial surgeries.
- Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. These include any types of procedures that are used to straighten the teeth.
- Periodontics. This type of specialty works with periodontic diseases.
- Pediatric dentistry. This is a specialty that will work with children.
- Prosthodontics. This is a type of dental speciality that will work with missing teeth and replacements such as dentures, dental implants, and more.
As you can see, there are many different types of specialities that you can find in the dental field. You can also find many different types of dental sub specialties within these specialties. It is important to do your research so that you really have an understanding of what you want to specialize in as you are making the right decisions for your future. You can always reach out to specialists in each field that you are considering in order to shadow for a day or to ask questions regarding their job on a day to day basis.
If you are looking for a dental professional, then you can always look online in order to find a comprehensive listing of all dental professionals in your area. If you are in need of a specialist who can help you with various types of dental surgeries, then you will want to start by contacting the trusted experts over at Peak OMS. They are the leading experts in dental surgeries and can help you find the right solutions for your needs.