Some of the most common forms of cosmetic surgery these days are nose jobs. They can be highly effective in providing you with a new look and although they are a major surgery, they are easier to recover from than a face lift. If you are considering getting a nose job, it can be very important to be ready for the procedure. We have some ways that you can prepare for a nose job surgery so that you are ready and can tackle the recovery process.
- Research: Probably one of the best things you can do for yourself when considering this kind of surgery is to do as much research into the process as you can. This can ensure that you know what to expect. Knowing the procedure will decrease your fears and will also allow you to ask as many questions from your surgeon as possible before you go through it.
- Stop Smoking: It is important to stop smoking at least one week before any kind of surgery. This is because smoking can complicate the procedure and can interfere with the general anesthesia. Although it is difficult to quit smoking, it is vital that you do so before any type of cosmetic surgery.
- Prepare Your House: You will need time to recover from a nose job. You will need to take it easy for a few days because you will be under the effects of pay medication. For this, you will need to have someone to help you with meals and with other tasks around the house. Ask someone you trust to come and stay with you for a day or two to ensure you get the rest you need to recover.
- Avoid Aspirin: For up to two weeks before the procedure, it is vital that you also avoid taking any medications that contain aspirin or ibuprofen. These medications tend to dilute the blood, making bleeding more likely. This is the last thing that your surgeon wants to deal with when going through a procedure like a nose job or face lift.
- Do Laundry Before: You will not be able to do a lot while you recover from a nose job and this includes laundry. If you want to ensure that you always have clean clothes while you recover, take the time to do a few loads before the surgery. The less worries you have as you recover, the easier it will be on you.
Like any other kind of surgery, a nose job can take its toll on your body. You will be dehydrated from the anesthesia and you will be under the effects of pain medication. This is why you need to ensure that you have someone to help you through the recovery process. Do a good amount of research on the procedure and take the time to ask as many questions as possible from your surgeon. At a clinic like Raval MD, where they perform facelifts and nose jobs on a daily basis, you will be able to get the treatment options you want.