Standing in line at a concession stand is an experience that virtually every American knows well. Nearly ever person in the country at one time or another has attended a sporting event, concert, or some other type of event where food and drinks were sold from a concession stand. They know the experience of standing in line with the buzz of the crowd all around them, staring up at a colorful menu with a list of items and corresponding pictures. The experience of buying something at a concession stand is as American as it gets.
All great American concession stands carry a few key items. Over the years, some concession stands have tried to branch out, selling different types of items and getting a bit more creative with their menu. This works for some of them, but the ones that still do the best are the ones that sell the standard items. If you decided to start operating a concession stand at a major event, here are the five things you absolutely have to carry.
1. Popcorn. You can barely even call it a concession stand if you don’t have a popcorn machine. It’s one of those staples that every single concession stand in the country absolutely has to sell. Many people only go to a concession stand to buy something because they think they’re going to be able to get popcorn, so if you decide not to carry it you’re going to miss out on a huge chunk of business. The smell of popcorn and the sight of it laying scattered across the floor are nearly as American as the idea of a concession stand itself.
2. Pretzels. The next thing that every concession stand in the country absolutely has to carry are soft pretzels. Every person in the country could identify those little bags with two sides missing that the pretzels come in. As with popcorn, many people are going to visit a concession stand for a pretzel.
3. Hot Dogs. If you’re running a concession stand and you’re not carrying hot dogs, you’re simply not going to do that much business. They are an absolutely critical component to a successful concession stand. Don’t forget to carry all of the fixings as well, the mustard, ketchup, onions, and relish.
4. Nachos. The fourth item every concession stand must carry are nachos. Make sure you’re loading them up with fresh nacho cheese and jalapenos.
5. Snow Cones. Finally, no concession stand is complete unless it’s carrying snow cones. Everyone is going to want something sweet from time to time, and there’s no greater concession stand style dessert than the snow cone.
Every concession stand owner knows that they need to carry these items, but where do they get them from? There are plenty of great concession stand supply options out there, but none of them is better than American Concession Supply. In business since the 1980s, they carry all of the staples that concession stand owners across the country need. Check out their website today to make your first order.