One of the things that makes us the most happy in our lives is having pets. That is why it is so important that any Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) will allow you to have pets to come and stay with you. There are so many reasons why pets are such a great idea when it comes to being in a retirement community. What are some of the reasons why pets are such a good idea? Why do the good people at MorningStar Senior Living allow their residents to have pets?
- Pets make people happy. There is not denying it. Pets bring a smile to your face and make you feel amazing. That is why so many people have cats, dogs, birds, reptiles and rodents to keep themselves feeling really happy all the time. Not to mention fish! We can’t forget about fish.
- You have something to come home to. The reality at a lot of these senior assisted living places is that they are often widow or widowers. It’s important to keep people’s spirits up by making sure they don’t feel lonely. There are a lot of people who live in the buildings so there are often friendships that development but your friends can’t always go home with you. And if you are someone who just lost a spouse then you are definitely going to want to have someone there for you when you get home from a long day. Or even someone just in the middle of the day. A pet can offer you that service easily.
- Exercise. If you have a pet, a dog specifically, then you are going to have to go and take them out on a walk. When you are older moving around might feel a lot harder than it used to but it’s important for you to keep up your exercise and take great care of your body. Having a little dog around is a great way to get the exercise you need and also will prevent them from feeling cooped up as well. What a great thing!
- Having a pet also helps you keep your mind stimulated. You will have to think on your toes and also will need to help them by giving them attention and playing with them. This is great for your mental faculties. Studies show that people with pets live longer. It’s a great way to keep your brain feeling strong and amazing.
- Responsibility is something that no one should ever be without. When someone is retired they are going to have significantly less responsibility than they used to. That is why having a pet can be a great way to make you feel on top of your game and like you are constantly taking care of business.
- Finally, having a pet gives you meaning. It’s a great way to value yourself, your time and your home.
As long as your pet is under 20 lbs, you will be able to have your pet at MorningStar Senior Living. What an awesome thing.